Friday, April 12, 2013

Catch the Wave of Missionary Work!!! (even if we can't swim)



Dearest Family,

I don't even know where to begin!! Conference was splendid! Upon waking up on Monday I found that my hand was sore from furiously writing down notes. I think the focus of the conference was obedience and families. The spirit was so strong and all of my questions were answered by inspired men and women of God. We are so blessed. It was an incredible feeling looking from the screen to seeing 3,000 missionaries all trying to do there best and will cover almost every country in the world. I left conference with a firm resolve toward progression. We are promised blessings in return for obedience and we are promised miracles for exact obedience. This week has been fairly crazy but repeatedly I found miracles.

Me and Hrma Tzorin sent our other companion off to Chile on Monday morning at 4. It is amazing how much I have grown to love my companions in just the space of two weeks. She is going to be an amazing missionary. Hrma Tzorin hadn't felt so good so I let her sleep as I studied. Tuesday most other missionaries left which left just 4 of us from our zone. I was placed again in a trio with Hrma Thomas. She is one of the most Christ-like people I have ever met. She broke her foot before coming and thought everything was healed but has been having nerve and ligament damage. She has been here 10 weeks and was supposed to leave today for Chile. The week progressed and my companion started feeling more sick. We took her to the clinic and they told us she was fine and just needed some rest. That night both of my companions  got priesthood blessings. It was awe inspiring  One of the Elders I knew in High School and he spoke with power and authority as he blessed them with comfort. I was reminded of the power of the priesthood and the authority they have. Seth, Cam, Ry, Jord, Jeff, Aaron, James, Josh, Ben, Dad I am proud that you have that priesthood and use it often and with power.

That night my companion broke out in a fever and started to moan. My heart went out to her and began to get worried. I was reminded of the time when we drove from Kentucky to Michigan and how Hannah stayed by my side from what I felt like was most of the night reading the scriptures to me. I decided to do the same. She didn't get to warm and finally started sleeping at about 3ish. I next day when she got up we took her back to the health clinic and after about 15 minutes they called me and my other companion back and started running tests. I am lucky I didn't have what ever my companion had. It was like a movie. We left the office in masks and packed my companion all up called security and they took her away. But I picked her up from isolation today and it is so nice to see her so happy.

While one companion was taken by security my other companion had over 15 Dr. appointments this week. I left the MTC!!! Nothing significant happened though. I talked to all 8 people in the waiting room but turns out all 8 of them were LDS... BLASTED UTAH!! I want to serve so bad. Which is good because I also got reassigned yesterday. I have been hereby called to serve in Denver Colorado North mission. I leave Monday which means I am supposed to call home. I will call on Sunday after 5 I believe. This was a miracle. I found out Thursday morning between appointments that determined if my companion would be sent home due to health problems or be able to serve in Chile. As we went to the 3rd Doctors appointment it was determined she would be sent home. It broke my heart. I wish I could let all missionaries see what I saw as this Hermana with a golden heart and the desire and capacity to serve and change the world was denied the opportunity to do so. She then was sent to talk to the District President or the person who okays people to be sent home.

I sat in this office for 3.5 hours as everything was being figured out and I saw over 16 Elders or Sisters come through. Some due to health concerns, or family concerns, some because they did not feel adequate or were not resilient. It broke my heart.  There was two Elders in particular that fueled my desire to go. One is on crutches it looks like he must have muscular dystrophy or something but can barely walk. I could here him pleading for him to just work at the referral center. How can I not study with all of my might when there are Elders like him. I sent my companion on the plane home this morning at 4:30. But it was a blessing I was called to Denver, her home town. My companion wasn't doing so good with the news and when people saw her weighing suitcases of course everyone asks where we are going and when. I was able to save some trouble and explain we were both going to Denver but they weren't letting me leave until Monday. It helped a lot.

My heart was heavy but my desire great. I must say that receiving that special hug in the temple today helped so much. I was so surprised to see you Mom. It was just what I needed and thank you for going to the temple every week. You are a great example to me and I love you! Which is clearly evident!! See I even spent some time attaching a picture of me and Ryan.

I feel like this letter is sad. I promise I am not sad! It is impossible with the flowers that are blooming anywhere!! I obsessed!!

During gym time we got a couple Polynesian districts and I have been playing Volleyball with all the Elders. It will be me and 5 Poly's. I find it hilarious as they yell, "SISTAH DIS ONE FA YU" I love the polynesian culture. Such big hearts!! And they are crazy awesome at Volleyball.

I also had a hilarious experience with the Consolate. We were not allowed to say anything regarding religion while meeting with him...... And I will finish the story when I get home cause I am out of time...

Love ya!!



1 comment:

  1. Is it okay if I accidentally bump into you (I live near Denver)? You'd have to say hi and give me a big ol' hug right? :)
    So proud of you!
    Love, Kristine

    ReplyDelete