Monday, July 15, 2013

La Cucuracha, La cucuracha.... El no puede caminar (probably because he ate so blasted much!)

Greetings Family,
What is this news of Jordan having a girlfriend? Living proof that God answers Moms prayers. Just Kidding, but in all sincerity she sounds awesome.
This week has been amazing. This is the first time on my mission that the desire of my companion has matched my own. Needless to say we got loads of work done. I broke my personal record of lessons taught in a week and my District Leader was pretty surprised when we reported numbers last night. The ward is catching the wave and I am happy to announce that this week, for the first time we went to an appointment and they already had a non-member family waiting for us to be taught. I am hoping everyone in the ward will feel that and that will continue to progress.
So I decided to restructure the way I had been previously doing missionary work and have loads of member present lessons. Before the lesson we talk with the member and invite them to invite the investigator over for dinner for the following lesson. It has made the world of difference. The only downside is that I had 2 dinners 3 different times this week and on Sunday we had meals at 2:30, 5:30, 6:30 (was just dessert), and though I assured the C.... that I was full they gave me a plate of Carne Asada (my favorite), aroz, frijoles, y napalos (cactus) at 8:45 at night. But I willingly ate it as we talked to this new family they have been helping prepare.
We already have 6 member present lessons set up for next week including one tonight. We have invited a recent convert family to come help us teach P...... and D...... I am so excited! We are going on splits as well with two stellar Laurels from our ward. I just wish that some of the Laurels spoke Spanish. Looks like we need to activate them.
DAD! Oh random, but yesterday we were helping this man move a crazy heavy salt water fish tank when I saw "Strengthening Families" in his bookshelf. Afterwards I showed him the kitchen sink chapter and realized that you mention me 3 times in that essay. Living proof that I am your favorite child!
The work is swell! And on the move! I am so blessed to be working with a such a missionary minded ward. I am so grateful for my companion!  This is the best time of my life, and what is even cooler is that it is also the best time FOR my life! Why in the world am I so lucky?!?!
Oh I just remembered. We taught everywhere we could. It has been pretty warm this week, it was weird to go from 103 to me wearing a winter coat the following day though. One of the lessons we taught was outside of a bright purple trailer. It was on Main St. (busiest street in Logmont) and it was poring! When we got out of the car and we saw an older couple inside the trailor. We waved and they opened the window. As we began our greetings we also testified of the truth and told them we were here to teach them about how their families could be together forever. They welcomed our invitation but explained it was not their trailer and couldn't let us inside. So we stood in the mud as they knelt down by the window and we shared a simple but powerful message. As we left we could not help but laugh at the circumstances.
Love you all!
Les queiro muchisimo!

Sister/Hermana Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment