Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Amanda's Letter

June 21, 2014

Dear Family,

So I leave to Mendoza after church tomorrow and won´t get back to Wednesday so President told me I could use a half hour and he made me promise that I would at least use a couple to tell you I am fine and happy!

I absolutely love San Luis which sounds weird because I am right in the middle of one of the most European provinces in Argentina. Everyone is white, there are no ascequias (open sewer), hardly any dogs on the streets, no garbage, I haven´t seen any robings yet, and only one dead animal on the side of the street. I live in the middle of centro, like outside my door is a Peruvian farmers market and the giant screen that the government puts up for the Mundial. You think I am kidding but look at the pictures!

It also feels like a European mission. We were at a bus stop  and the first person I tried to talk to took my Mormon.org card from my hand crumpled it up and threw it on the ground and walked to the back of the group of people. Not a single person let us in their house for my first two days here. But we had three miracle lessons yesterday and contacted a way good referral from the bishop this morning. I remember my first week in San Rafael. It sounds rough, but so far I haven´t minded it. It is so easy to distinguish who wants to listen and who doesn´t. I honestly haven´t minded it so far. I am really lucky that I have an amazing companion. We get along really well. The other sisters in my apartment are hilarious and love to cook. They are both from El Salvador and I love Papusa so I am happy! And I am working with two of my favorite Elders in the mission in my ward. They really work, and even though we are all ending soon every single of us really wants to not only be here but give it everything we got. You better be excited to read my family letters this week. I can just foresee all the miracles. OH I am so EXCITED!!! 

I love San Luis!
I love this work!
I love my life!!

And being the first day of summer I guess this letter would be incomplete without.... HAGS!!

Hermana Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment