Monday, February 10, 2014

Let us not take counsel from our fears

Dearest Family,

I was brought to tears as I read emails today. I want to particularly like to thank Abby, Mom, and Becky. It brought back a flood of memories. I am so grateful for the people who have influenced, and continue to influence me to do good! I am grateful for the influence Mark has had on our family. And know that I was praying for you all especially the Mulfords this week. 

This week was rough. We tried to find, and find, and find, but didn´t have much success. We had planned a día blanca for the 22nd of February, and were hoping for at least the minimum of 9 baptisms of the 15 we are preparing. But yesterday we ended up dropping the I....... family (which broke my heart), which were 4 of the secure baptisms, and no one attended church this week. I have been very blessed in my mission and it had been the first time that no investigators have come to church in many months. With that we will have to focus really hard on Camila, Sergio, Lydia, Karen, and Lourdes who have the required amount of Assistencias but I don´t know  if they will be fully prepared by the 22nd. But we will do all we can and leave it to the hands of the Lord. 

Pray for Lydia, she is down to 5 cigarettes a day, (came down from 40), but she needs to move out of Enzo´s house this week, and they have nothing, but she is fairly determined. And yesterdays lessons was super powerful.

We had an awesome ward activity this week. I took Aspen Foolies to a new level and we had a blast. Also I brought Nutella and basically I am every ones favorite missionary. ....not that I wasn´t before..... Jk. But only 1 investigator made it and no one brought friends, but it was a blast and I am confident that if we do another one in two weeks everyone will bring the neighborhood children. And mom sent me peanut butter cookie mix so the food will not lack there. (Thanks for your inspiration, Mom) P.s. we always try to bring members to lessons and as we analyse who would be best we generally come up with the same three people and as I was thinking how awesome it would be to have my family in the ward I was serving in. Not only would we probably double the population of San Rafael, but the fellowshiping would be ridiculous! So though I can´t have you here in Argentina with me. So help me, you better be fellowshipping where you are!! 

Hna. Sorensen sends home 14 pictures a week, and I think I have probably sent home 14 pictures my whole mission. But I will send a couple. 

1. LOOK NUTELLA!! put to good use.

2. Turns out sending me to barter at the market in Ecuador at age 10 was not a bad idea. Turns out I still have the old touch!






No comments:

Post a Comment