Monday, February 17, 2014

You love without service but you can´t serve without love!!

Dear Family,

I will be brief (not Ryan short, don´t worry). 

This week was another pretty rough week but I decided last p-day that I was going to be go-lucky happy. It rained straight for 4 days, and am one of the 2 missionaries in San Rafael (of the 22) who love the rain! It may have helped that I have the coolest rain boots ever. This meant that Hna. Sorensen made me carry her on my back over some really big rain puddles which I didn´t entirely mind. And on Friday on the way back from area 3 I jumped in 22 awesome puddles. I should have taken pictures but didn´t. Supposedly it rained more yesterday then it did in the complete last year in San Rafael, but that came from some Argentines and they like to exaggerate a little bit. 

We got a call and had to travel up to Mendoza for Visa stuff and ended missing almost two days of work. Which was disappointing because we had some big plans. And due to the rain only one investigator came. But it was one we dropped a couple weeks ago and this was a big step for him so hopefully he will get baptized soon. 

We had a miracle Tuesday. We are rarely at the church. But Tuesday we were waiting with a member for a less active to come with his almost wife who is not a member to do a church tour and they didn´t show up. We asked if we could leave the member with a prayer. As we said Amen, we heard the door open to find a mother of an investigator. Even though we invite her to every lesson she generally is too busy or leaves during the lesson. But she came in sat down and started to cry telling us she didn´t know where to go but knew that she could find peace in our church. We had a member already there and shared with her a powerful lesson. It is difficult for lots of missionaries to work during the siesta because it is ridiculously hot and everyone is asleep but I have found that the majority of the miracles I have been able to witness have happened during the siesta. 

Can´t believe Covey and Annie are married!!! I got their announcement this week and it was funny because Hna. Sorensen visa waited in the mission when he was AP. And then she showed me all the notes she had taken from different conferences where they had spoken. Thanks for the pictures!!! 

Well I am off!! I love you all!! And I am keeping Grandma in my prayers!!

The gospel is true.
Life is wonderful!!

Hna. Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment