Monday, February 3, 2014

February!


Dear Family,

First off, I went to Mendoza and they had my Christmas package waiting for me.... So apparently the one that is in Buenos Aires is a different one. And I would advise you not to send anymore packages. And I doubt there has ever been a missionary in the world that has send that, but NOTHING is getting through. But my Christmas package was wonderful! Hna. Sorensen and I had a blast and I had two intercambios this week so they enjoyed everything as well. Funny thing is that I brought home a package for Hna. Sorensen and she got a calender too, and uno, and tons of candy! It was hilarious. But I got an ultimate Frisbee so clearly you guys win!! And thank you so much for pictures. Everyone I have shown thinks I have a gorgeous family! I would have to agree!

Second, everything is changing here and fast. When I went to Mendoza the taxi I took cost almost 40 pesos. Two months ago it cost just over 20. Bread is now at 18 pesos a kilo. Everyone is loosing jobs, especially here in San Rafael. My heart has been broken again and again this week. San Rafael is a smaller town. Its main source of income is tourism (has beautiful places like Nuihil, Valle Grande) and fruit. This past winter was strong and froze/burned all the fruit. Not very many people are traveling because of the economy and there is no fruit. In this past week there has been a huge influx of people on the street. 

Last night I couldn´t get C...... out of my head, she was way out of the way but we stopped by at about 8 last night and we helped her pack all of her boxes. Just broke my heart. It is a rough situation for all. And I feel like when you are in these situations of turmoil it is so easy to ask why. To question out of faithfulness you are put in difficult situations. The active members of the ward are suffering as well. I just wish we had more time to visit everyone who needs help. We have taught many lessons this week but people are not progressing. I just wish I could help people understand the blessings of obedience. Mosiah 2:41 has climbed to be one of my most favorite scriptures. 

We dropped lots of people this week. Which always is hard. Saturday we were focusing on finding and prayed hard on Friday to find a family of 4 the following day. Saturday was rough. Nothing and it was warm. But we continued working hard. Walking during the siesta and talking to EVERYONE!! We were not let in at all! But at 8:45 we found our family of 4. A grandmother with her 3 grandchildren. God answers prayers. We recieve testimonies after the trial of our faith. Do what you know is right and the blessings follow.

I love you all. Send your prayers this way. 

Your favoritest, smartest, funniest daughter, Duh! (I know I am missing a couple adjectives) 


No comments:

Post a Comment