Monday, March 10, 2014

I´m loving it!!

Dear Family,
I am at a period of my life on my mission that really I am in love with everything. The weather is perfect (for the most part), I have an awesome companion, we found 3 families last week (and mom I think you completely misunderstood me, there were 80 people in sacrament meeting JAMAS have I ever had anywhere close to that number of investigators at church) give me a couple more weeks... Just kidding. But I love my mission a lot. And I have always been blessed by miracles during my mission and whenever I get a new companion they are always really good at recognizing all the miracles and reminding me of how blessed we really are!

One specific miracle- we were walking and decided to talk to EVERYONE (1st best way of finding people). During the siesta we were walking quickly and we got lost (2nd best way to finding people) we stopped a lady who was watering her lawn (illegal, but the police sleep during the siesta too) and as we talked to her she asked, ¨are you guys christian?´´ and we answered in the affirmative she invited us in telling us she was looking for a church. Though she lives alone we contacted her family that live around centro and on Sunday the whole back row was filled with honest seekers of truth.

This week I started the Book of Mormon again. It is so true! I love that book!! By theme for this week is Hebrews 10 -
35  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
 36 For ye have need of apatience, that, after ye have done the bwill of God, ye might receive the cpromise.
 37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
 38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man adraw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
 39 But we are not of them who adraw back unto bperdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

I have been amazed at the power that comes from the words of the scriptures. After consejo I really wanted to purify my heart and remembered the peoples desire, after King Benjamin's sermon, to do good continuously and as I studied King Benjamin's sermon this week I found that the change was wrought about my the better understanding of the character of Christ, and what he did for us.  What the atonement really means. How powerful it is to know of that infinite and eternal sacrifice. How powerful it is to know and be a witness of Him at all times and in all things and all places. And though I do not fully understand what He has done, it has changed my heart. How blessed we are.

Thank you for the updates on Grandma. Say goodbye for me, give her a big hug, kiss, send my love and remind her of all those times I snuck into her room in the super early morning to talk to her and even though I would wake her up she still loved me.
Love you all!
The gospel is true, and life is wonderful!
Hna Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment