Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Amanda's Letter

Dear Family,

I am glad to here mom is back home from the hospital! Take that ICU!!! You´ve got nothing on her!! 

This week we saw loads of miracles. But I had a moment this week that rivals for top experience of my mission. So while I was in Colorado there was a less active father who had a daughter serving a mission. I grew to love the family a lot and I really had nothing to do with his change, we just had him come teach lessons with us all the time,  but during the 9 weeks I was there I was able to see him come back to the church. There were few moments in my mission that have more sincere from his wife giving me a hug with tears rolling down her face as she read to me the letter from her daughter who was serving a mission when she found out that her Dad had received a temple recommend and that they could be sealed the day she returned from her mission. Ever since that experience I have made sure that I keep tabs on all the missionaries families to make sure they are very much spiritually alive when their children return from missions. 

Well the Familia K.... was baptized about a year and a half ago and their oldest son is serving his mission. They haven´t been coming to church but the family is amazing. This week we had the whole family come with us to teach another recent convert lesson and the families clicked, pero de 10!! The Marinero family asked Hermano Kim why his family joined the church. I wasn´t quite sure what he was going to say because about 6 weeks ago he told me he wasn´t quite sure if God existed but he bore such powerful testimony of the change that comes when one is living in harmony with the gospel. The familia marinero began to cry and we had a mini testimony meeting. The spirit was strong and I know it testified to everyones heart. At the end Hermano Kim borrowed a  guitar and we all sang How Great Thou Art at the top of our lungs. I just wish I could have sent all of this to their son. This Sunday when I arrived to church the Familia Kim hadn´t gotten there yet and I called and they didn´t answer. I was sad they didn´t wake up but at the end of Relief Society (we have church backwards here, sacrament at the end) the presidenta welcomed Hermana Kim, and Hermano Kim to Relief Society (it had been a long time since they got their so early that they had both come into the RS room) It made me so happy! So grateful for the changing power that comes with the spirit. 

I love my comp! Hna. Barney! I knew her before the mission so that is way fun! We found our Robles family this week. Father is less active. Mother super receptive with two cute kids. 

I am fasting from English so it is weird to be writing so much English. Spanish is still a struggle. I still speak wrong. I can understand everything and I talk too fast. But I still don´t know the rules. Guess I should have had more Spanish lessons while doing the dishes with you, James! Oh and I am a huge RIVER fan!! And it is not because they won it all either. 

The Gospel is True.
Life is wonderful!


Hermana Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment