Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dont Cry for Me Argentina

Dear Family,

First off, Mom, to answer your questions. I dont really care where we eat, but I know you dont like questions like that so I will go with Cafe Rio, get the good old tomatillo dressing running through my veins again. And as for what you want to serve after the block on Sunday, I dont really have a preference. What ever is easiest for you. I have been bragging about your cooking abilities to lots of friends so just work your magic and all will be happy! About the day I get home. I havent really thought about it. I know.... I promise I am decisive, but I still havent comprehended that I am actually coming home. If you have to go to BYU that is more then fine. Just leave the keys to the car (dont worry, Seth will be driving) the keys to the church, and money for ice cream. Not sure when you will get back from teaching, but if it is before sunset I would love to go up the trail by our house and watch the sunset like old times. Maddy you better be up for a bike ride on the tandem. And Mom, no one is allowed to go to school. 

This week was amazing. I am so incredibly happy. I was able to go on exchanges with Hna. Rodriguez whom I trained a year ago and it was an incredible experience. We worked so hard and I thought that being a year apart would have made our teaching rusty but quite the contrary. It felt like we had been together the whole time. Lunch came around and they canceled on us and it felt so normal to be cooking side by side. By that I mean she cooks the food, I cook dessert, and then I clean everything up. It was so good to see how she has developed her gifts and how incredible of a missionary she has become. I was hoping I could end my exchanges on that note but there were some complications and so it looks like I will have to do at least one this week as well. 

I feel like I should say something really profound and demonstrate all I have learned on my mission this being my last email home and all, but turns out not too many things have change in the last year or so. I am still obnoxiously competitive (basketball this morning at 6 was proof). I still cant speak spanish perfectly, I still have no idea what I want to study, and even though I have been surrounded and bitten by tick infested dogs for the last while I still want a giant dog (sorry mom, somethings wont ever change.)

But I guess I have changed a little. And if I haven't completed changing yet and can at least say that I have learned a lot. My testimony has been solidified. I have a love of hard work. I understand the importance of unity. My love for you guys back home has been amplified almost as much as the love I have for the people here in Argentina. I understand the importance of personal virtue. I recognize the influence of the Spirit. Have the faith to act, and the humility to pray. 

The mission is incredible. My heart aches at the thought that I have to leave. On Saturday we got into a taxi with this really creepy guy and when he asked when we were headed back to the states I just started to cry. I think I scared him more then he scared us... Menos mal! 

I love you all so much! I love Argentina so much! I guess I will see you guys soon!

The Gospel is true.
Life is Wonderful!

Love,

Hermana Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment