Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Life gets harder, but life makes us stronger

Dear Family,

I am just about to end my fast so I can´t think very well but I had some extremely humbling experiences this week and I just want to share everything I can with all of you.

I attended my last leadership meeting in mendoza this week. I don´t think I will miss the 4 hour bus rides but it was powerful. On the ride there I got to thinking about all the zones I have been able to work in. Out of the twelve zones I have done missionary work in 10 and spent at least multiple days in 8 zones. And when I got to consejo I was fairly excited to bear my final testimony. I have been to 12 consejo´s which means I have witnessed many many many missionaries give their last testimonies over the last year. You can tell who have died and who has only become more powerful. I was so excited to prove that I have not died and just feel the whole room with the spirit. But as I stood to give my last testimony, nothing came. I have always felt so guided by the spirit and no direction came. I bore the simple truths that I know are true and sat down humiliated. I learned a powerful lesson, that I hope to never ever repeat. Without the spirit we are nothing. It doesn´t matter how long I have served a mission, how long I have been in leadership, how many zones I have served in, I am still infinitely separated from God if I am not humble and properly access the atonement. It hurt to see how prideful I was. I feel embarrassed for even admitting out loud that I actually wanted to prove that I was a good missionary. The spirit is always hard to access when our focus is on ourselves. 

This week I have also been fairly sick, which made everything worse. We had so much to do, and we ended up doing it all anyways, against my companions better judgment but I figure I can recuperate when I am home. But this week things have changed. I just love these people so much. I just wish I could restart my mission and serve again with all that I have learned and with all the love I have now. And I guess I will just have to love y´´all to death when I get back. 

It was awesome to hear that Ben got baptised. Ironically enough we had a baptism the same day. And I just couldn´t help think about Ben and how exciting it is that he got baptized. I still cant believe I have nephews the age of getting baptized but then again I guess Little Jeffrey will be getting the preisthood next year. 

Was going to share a super funny experience but I just got like three calls in a row and should probably go fix a couple problems. But I will be able to talk to you all soon. 
 But to answer a couple questions fast. 

Dad, I am not taking block classes, I accept the assignment to speak on the 28th, I don´t really care where I work but I have a feeling I will have a couple options, I still am planning on going down to Albuquerque but it won´t be for too long, and it is not because I don´t love you guys. Give me three days and you will want to kick me out of the house again. 

Love you all!


Hermana Hill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment