Monday, May 6, 2013

Attitude determines altitude


This week should have been really rough. And to be completely honest, one day was fairly rough. But the rest of the week everything went wrong but it has been one of my favorite weeks so far. I had a meeting this week with all the trainees and decided that we needed to drop lots of investigators. We chose those who were truly progressing and cut down on who we were teaching and focused on finding people ready to listen to this gospel. Therefore this week we did lots of tracting. The problem with this whole tracting thing is that I am serving in Greeley currently and many areas we are not allowed to tract in after 4 pm because they are supposedly dangerous. It is frustrating because we cannot even leave our house to tract until 12 and that is after we have skipped out on lunch. This only leaves four hours of tracting in prime areas. But they had us talk to the ward on Sunday and the spirit was strong. After we honestly described our desire to invite others to come to Christ we had many families come up to us and give us contacts. I think the work will pick up rapidly. Oh, the spirit is just so amazing.

So as a missionary I have no idea what the weather is going to be like. This week went from 75 degrees to 25 degrees and we got loads of snow. Sadly I had no idea it was supposed to snow and left that morning for 75 degree weather. We worked really hard and came home shivering but full of energy. Though I managed to leave the MTC without getting sick the snow must have gotten to me. But I am practically better today. Supposedly it was some virus and I got a little nervous when it hurt to breathe. But after a priesthood blessing two days ago I just dandy. I have never had a problem getting up to exercise in the morning. It is one of my favorite parts of the day. But this week was the first time where getting up and running in the snow did not sound appealing. But I don't regret going anyways.

This week while tracting we ran into a man who was butchering a pig. His niece was getting married and after talking to us he explained he would love to talk but needed to work. So I volunteered to help. It is way better then dissecting in school! JK. But I had a blast and was amazed at the giant pot he used to cook the pig. He is great and thinks I am crazy. I feel like food is the best way to connect with the people. And I am proud to say that I didn't cry once during dinner this week, only hiccups. I believe it is a Mexico thing to enjoy the fire in your mouth. I have never eaten such screaming hot chili's in my life! It is great! I think I am getting use to it, but I also think the families felt bad for me and noticed that on average I drink about 6 cups of water at every meal. Haha! I love my life! Perhaps I should have joined in during all those times we cheered Cam into eating 15 chili's in a row... Oh and no one is ever on time to anything. Therefore, when we get invited over to dinners we always end up cooking the food with them. I am getting pro at cooking Mexican rice, beans, and my new favorite enchilada's.

I just leaned over to my companion to ask what else I should talk about in my letter and she jokingly glared at me and told me I should share about the time I brought up the Word of Wisdom in our lesson this week....  Oops.... I promised her I wasn't even thinking about the Word of Wisdom, in fact as a companionship we specifically said that we would wait until last week but it just slipped out... In all reality though it was an amazing lesson that will build their faith. Oh this family is prime!! So great!

Life is good, the gospel is true.

Dad, I have focused my studies this week on the importance of families and remember seeing a Book of Mormon that had a reference to every time a family was strengthened in the Book of Mormon. Can you send some awesome references from within the BOM along with some of your thoughts? This goes out to the whole family as well! I need to ask some more couples to get married this week and was hoping you could send some references and thoughts I hadn't thought of yet.

Speaking of marriages... I got Jason and Julia's announcement this week congrats on the marriage. I also believe Satsha and Lance, and Colton and Mara got married on May 4th!! CONGRATULATIONS! May the 4th be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment