Monday, May 13, 2013

Short Family Letter


It was great to talk to everyone!! Sorry I couldn't talk for longer!

This letter will be short because I think I told you everything yesterday.

I still can't help but mention how wonderful church was yesterday! And the thing I love about this culture is that everytime an investigator walked through the door they were welcomed with open arms. (quite literally) and it didn't matter if it is during a talk. I found it hilarious! We left sacrament meeting because we got a text from an investigator telling us she couldn't find the room. When we brought her in the talk stopped and the person closest to the door gave her a hug. Why don't we do this in America!! Oh wait, I mean why don't we do this in English wards!!!

I also forgot to mention S. J. and S. are keeping the word of wisdom!! Turns out blurting out the commandment last week wasn't such a bad idea! Then again listening to the spirit never is.

I also learned lots of other lessons this week. One of them is  to always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell it the name will carry.  (I now know why you named me Amandaaaaaaaaaaa) J.K.  Explains why every person in the world is names Maria! J.K.! 

Oh there was also this awesome hale storm this week! See pics. It completely flooded all the streets.

Jeff you are the best for building Maddy that Rabbit cage! I remember opening my rat cage at age 10ish and thinking I had the best older brother in the whole world! Not much has changed. I still think it is funny that Little Jeffrey knows how to use a chop saw better than I can.

Seth I saw the picture of you without braces!! Remember your promise yesterday!!

And I think I covered everything else in my phone call home!

Les quiero con todo mi corazon. Tengan un buen dia! (Yes, I did you the subjuctive tense correctly!! Turns out our study sessions in Oregon did pay off!)

OH and Emily CONGRATULATIONS!! I thought the piano was a big deal last week, and it doesn't even compare to the baby that is on the way. Not even three weeks go by and I can continue to say that I have 5 sisters that are pregnant!

Sunset

Hailstorm/Flood

My Host Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment