Monday, September 16, 2013

Mais les yeux sont aveugles. Il faut chercher avec le cœur

Dear Fam!

My new companion is Hna. Rodriguez from Chile and she is so great! I am so excited to see what will happen this transfer. I try not to be a jerk and be kind when I put her on the spot but she has taken it in stride and now I put her on the spot all the time. She is also my first companion who will take the time to correct all my spanish, including my Buenos Aires accent which will infinitely help me gain relationships with Mendocinos. She comes from a family of four and the 4th missionary. She is teaching me so much, and I feel like if we can master using our time effectively, nothing can stop us!! Such a great feeling!! 

The weather has destroyed street contacting. Wednesday it was 33 degrees C. and now it is on and off snow. The wind is freezing and everyone stays inside. Drives me crazy. Also because of the weather church attendance was crazy low, but spirit was really strong. I am amazed by the faith and conversion of some members. 

Found an awesome family this week. Our first lesson they invited us over to dinner on Saturday. For the first time in my life I had an investigator call me to remind me of the appointment we would have with them on Saturday. It was pretty amazing! On Saturday I found out that they have not only heard the missionary lessons before but have a book full of Elders saying their goodbye´s to the family. Hopefully we can help them finally take the step of becoming members.

I have so much more to say but no time. 

Dad, I met someone who served in your zone while you were zone leader in Las Heras. His name is Elder Call, came back to visit his mission with his daughter who also served here. (HInt hint!! Just kidding!!) Do you know the Rostelli´s? Man, this world is small. 

Jordan, I could be wrong but I think you know my companions older brother Mario Rodrigues. 

My companion knows a Friend who is serving in Concepcion. And I Katie I randomly met Nate who was in Nursing Lab with you up at Idaho. 

Well that's all folks.

Love ya! 
The gospel is true.
Life is wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment