Monday, September 23, 2013

Coming to the Savior One Imperfect Step at a Time

This week was rough. My very first transfer we dropped lots of our investigators who were not really progressing in faith in order to find the people the Lord had prepared to accept and act upon this gospel. Oh that week was full of miracles!! We did the same thing the end of last week and beginning of this week, and worked a full to find people to teach. My companion is amazing and we really talk to everyone! But we just haven´t found the people ready to accept this gospel. 

On Thursday we had Elder Nuñez come a speak to us. It was so powerful! and he spoke of the miracles that come with complete devotion. I felt the spirit testify of its truth and know that if I align my will with Gods I too can feel of those blessings, I guess the problem is aligning my stubborn will with Gods! Haha!  This week I have shared Enos a lot and explained the necessity of trusting in Gods promises when we ask with sincerity to our Father in Heaven. And all of sudden I realized that I needed to listen to my own message. (You have got to hate and love those realizations) The rest of the week covered lots of analyzing  and correction, and trying lots of different methods. It was difficult because it was snowing and raining most of the week and no one was outside and strangely no one really want to come unlock their gates for us to come inside... They just shake their finger at the window. But don´t worry, I don´t even know how many dogs we have invited to listen to our message. But a random plus to the fact that no one is outside while it is raining is the fact that you can sing ¨´Singing in the rain¨´ as loud as you want and the only one who laughs is Hna. Rodriguez.

I guess I have heard so many returned missionaries tell miraculous stories of the miracles that happen when everything is going wrong. I am sick of everyone telling me that it is nothing to do with me but that my area is a dead area and ready for the miracle!  I just really want to teach someone how crucial this gospel is and help them as they take steps to return to their Savior. Just watch, my letter next week will be jammed packed full of miracles! Its funny how much happens in one week. 

Love you all! Keep sending the prayers coming my way.

Hermana Hill


I found a roof!! This is my area!

No comments:

Post a Comment