Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed

Dear Family,

I only have a couple minutes to write but I can type super fast so my letter will still probably be ridiculously long. 

We did not have that much of a successful week but me and Hna. Rodriguez managed to continue laughing through the whole week. We did have success through a PEPO (referrals from members) and the family is actually married!! The father came to church, and has been free from smoking for 10 days. He really felt the spirit and for the first time the ward really embarrassed an investigator. The slight problem is that the Elders had taught him about 6 months ago and so I think that we will end up giving them back to the Elders. But they are ready to be baptized. 

No one else is really following through with commitments, which is disappointing. 

We taught a super cool lesson this week. We have become friends with a lady who owns a small hostel and once a month we go and have hot chocolate with her and teach everyone who is visiting. Last night we taught her and her guest who is from France. My companion didn´t talk much and wasn´t until after we left where she asked ¨What language was he speaking?´´ that I realized that he must have been speaking french. But we got our message across and he committed to read The Book of Mormon and had began to read before we left the house. 

Funniest moment of this week was during the blasted siesta. Saturday siesta is the worst. Because EVERYONE sleeps for about 4 hours. We had 3 really good lessons scheduled and we even called to remind them and every single lesson fell through. So we were walking up and down streets cleaning out the ward list. Meanwhile me and Hna. Rodriguez were doing this scripture chase thing and we walked through some construction which sent out whistles, catcalls, and slang that thankfully I don´t understand. This happens all the time and we are used to ignoring it. Hna. Rodriguez continued to read out loud the scripture that happened to be Alma 7:10. Immediately all the noise surrounding us stopped.... You should have seen the faces of the men who were openly reprimanded by God. It was so funny!! The best part is that Hna. Rodriguez didn´t even pick up on it and re-read the verse again. Now skimming through this paragraph it really doesn´t sound to funny, but I promise.... Oh goodness, it was hilarious! 

I stayed in the area for exchanges this week but get to travel next week for exchanges which I always love. And Saturday and Sunday we have General Conference!!! I am so psyched!! 

Love you all! And I am praying for you all. Happy Birthday Mads!!! I cannot believe you are turning 12!

I got the package from the family!!! (thank you mom!! It was an answer to my prayers!! Every week when my district leaders ask for my pedidas I always ask for pamphlets, Libros de Mormon, and Nutella and I this week I got some from you!!! You are the best! I think it is worth its weight in gold in the missionary world) 

Which means I got your letter Seth.... I laughed really hard and hope you are true to your word. Can´t believe 3 different girls asked you to Sadie Hawkins (dance, wear my Khaki pants, nothing better oh, oh, oh!) I can hear Cam Singing it!


Hna. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment