Monday, October 7, 2013

Its a great day to be a .... MISSIONARY!!

Dear Fam!

I think I will start this letter off with loads of love for Ryan, you are such a good missionary!!! So proud of my not so little bro! I will follow with a question for mom.... Have you ran into the garage with you new car yet? Just kidding!! 

Can you believe that one year ago they announced the age change?!?!? Blows my mind! General Conference as a missionary is the best! Not only does everything everyone says apply to you but you leave with pages worth of notes for investigators. I was hoping for the announcment to change the 18 months to 2 years... or a temple in Mendoza. Guess, I will wait for another 6 months. And I was super blessed to have the stake center be our building because that means we could work in between sessions and go straight to work afterwards when you are full of the inspiration from prophets of God. 

I also am super blessed to have the companion that I have. Sometimes in the past I had to be careful about what I volunteered to do and recognize the limit of running faster then we have strength. So yesterday when my companion asked if I wanted to eat lunch in the park with all the other missionaries, I grabbed my backpack and agreed but as we walked she asked me ¨´What are you thinking?¨´ (A question that made me laugh because I always ask my companions that, and a question I will always answer honestly) I told her of E... that I was thinking we could visit. She then said relieved ¨perfect! Let´s go!¨¨ (okay so really that whole thing was in spanish but I transalated to be kind. JK.) We visited 3 people in that hour and found 1 new investigator. Did they accept our invitation to return to watch conference? No... But I can say they all know that I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. 

The water was shut off for lots of this week but at least we knew before hand about this one. And the water came back on this morning an I was finally able to clean the bathroom. It is the worst when the water is shut off on P-days. It is redicolously difficult to wash your clothes with no water. 

We had a way awesome recorrido (tour) of the church this saturday. I still have yet to have someone decline a baptism invite after feeling the spirit of the chaple. Now it is the process of helping them follow through with their commitments. The family is great! We just have to get M... to get married. Too bad that takes a month in Argentina. 

I love you all so much! Cannot believe it is October!! Give me one more week mom and I will send you a list complete of things I want for my birthday and Christmas. Verify with me in your next letter because I will probably forget. 

Everyone asked me if I had seen conference in the conference center. I was ashamed to say that I have lived in Utah all my life and never once attended a session of General Conference. That needs to change! I don´t know what I need to do to get my hands on a couple tickets but for the record I am asking in a year, or a year and a half in advance if my wish of serving for two years comes in to play.

Love you all! And pictures are attached. We went hiking last week on P-day through Estanzuela. Really beautiful! 

My peruvian family!

I found a Hobbit door! So of course I knocked it! Family of 7! Too bad they are already members....




No comments:

Post a Comment