Monday, October 28, 2013

Amanda's letter!

October 28, 2013

Dear Family,

This week was one surprise after another. Where to start. Half way through the week there were some flash transfers and now we are in a trio. It was an adventure getting her from San Luis to our area but I love the buses here so I was happy. Everyone else is not a fan. 1 they never stop moving and 2. Mendoza has asecias or a trench of anywhere between 2 to 4 feet. I love jumping from buses all my companions think I am crazy. But thats a good thing right? My two companions are very different. Hna. Ruiz is from Mexico and it was hilarious to see how fast my Mexican accent came back. There is no hope of maintaining my Mendocino accent. She is really funny and a recent convert. Only member in her family. The only trio I have been in was in the MTC but suprisingly the transition into teaching has been really good. 

We have this ward missionary plan of doing Family Home Evenings in the 5 different areas within the ward. Its going really well. It is so amazing to see people coming back to church. There are some amazing families in the ward. And now we are taking tons of less actives to teach their friends. The whole 5,5,5 is working swell. 

Another shock was the little boy of K. and F. past away this week. It took quite a toll on all the ward. K. and F.  are members of the active R. family that have been less active for quite a while and were finally starting to come back to church. They came to church this week as well and was so incredibly greatful for support and love showed by the ward. 

I feel like this letter is super lame. It was a pretty crazy week though. I feel like it is just going to get more crazy. Pray for me!! 

Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment