Monday, November 4, 2013

Alcanzando lo mas alto

Dear Flia!! 

At a first glance this week was fairly boring. Tuesday through Friday I spent at least 3.5 hours each day in meetings. And some days reached 6 hours. But with a more spiritual perspective it is clear that this week was jammed packed full of miracles. 

After the trainers and trainee meeting, Hna. Ruiz had an interview with President. Becuase the offices are in our area we asked if we could just street contact until she was finished. Instead of talking with everyone we decided to pray really hard and use the hour we had to teach two good lessons. We both felt like we needed to talk to a man who was deep in thought. I went and asked what he was thinking about and he responded, ¨Sometimes I do not know if there is a God.¨ Never in my life had I had someone so prepared. He used to live in the same apartment as a Mormon. His father passed away has been 4 months. (Oh that makes me really happy, I know it should be 4 months ago but it shows that the spanish is sticking). He cried as we read with him from the Book of Mormon. It was really powerful. One of the top experiences from my mission. He lives in Las Heras though (too bad you are still not serving there Dad, I would have given you an amazing reference). 

Our Area was divided and the family that is getting baptized is in the Elders Area. But I don´t mind, I mean I will still be there. And I can´t be upset because I divided the area. But I still think we should reach our companionship goal of 4 baptisms this month. We found such a good family this past week and have taught them 3 times. And the missionary minded family in the ward has taken them under their wing. But they were not able to attend church because of their uncles funeral. 

This week was infinitely better then last week by choice. There was a moment where we were stranded at a terminal with no more money left on our tarjeta de micros (bus card), fairly early in the morning, with many miscommunication, and with lots of suitcases, when I realized that I was a representative of Jesus Christ in Mendoza Argentina, and how funny the situation was. I learned a little more to enjoy the journey! Man life is so great sometimes! 

Mom, I didn´t get my birthday package but Elder McBride's package arrived two days after he left to go home and I was the lucky recipient of much of the delicious American food!! 

Mom I need the recipe for Buttermilk syrup or Coconut syrup, turns out all the Latinos love french toast. 

Haven´t sent pictures home I will choose some now!

Love you lots! 


No comments:

Post a Comment