Monday, November 18, 2013

Don´t follow my footsteps too closely.... I tend to walk into lots of walls.

Dearest Family!

I love you all so blasted much! And mom I cannot believe the first thing you asked Sister Ence was if I was a ´´problem child.¨ I love you too!! Just kidding! And Let me know if my email wasn't clear to what I needed. It was good to hear your voice and you heard my laugh?? No surprise there! Just kidding!

This week flew by. It is getting warmer and consequently everyone is sleeping the siesta and we are advised not to knock doors between 1:30 and 6 which makes those hours sometimes very long and warm trying to find people to teach on the streets. But this is the first time in my mission that we have always been running to appointments, siesta or not. Also we have been teaching lots of people at the church. 

This Sunday was amazing! So about 3 weeks ago we found a boy who knew one of the priests in the ward and invited them both to recorrido (or a tour of the church) and it was super powerful as we looked at the baptismal font and testified that the same authority that John the Baptist had as he baptised had Marcelo to baptize him. Apparently Marcelo felt the spirit too and ever since that day he has brought at least one friend to church with him and sometimes 4 or more. So we are teaching all his friends and come every Saturday while they are playing soccer and teach the whole group of friends. 

 One of the boys who came to play soccer this week we had committed him to be baptized about three months ago when we met him in the street but when we visited his house his father wasn't that supportive and told us to never come back. It was sad because this boy was so spiritual. This week his father came to the church to tell his son to come home and we happened to be standing outside of the church talking to a bishop from another ward. He invited the father there to come tour the church and he accepted. We had the bishop there to testify as well and at the end the father asked when his son could get baptized. The spirit really changes the hearts of people.

Noelia came to church this week. She is a recent convert and she not only walked to church without any supervision but brought 3 younger siblings. I was so proud of her! Her mom was offended a couple months ago but the children are still so strong!! I am amazed by the strength they have!

This week was awesome and I am crazy happy. I feel kind of bad for being the only American in the pension. I feel like they are going to leave with the impression that all Americans are insane and no matter how hard they try can never dance Samba.... There loss...

Love you all! Congrats mom! How does it feel to be done?!?! Yes I got my birthday package and my pension has devoured everything!

Maddy you are the ugliest purple crayon ever!!! Just kidding I love you so much and when my companion saw your picture she said that you look just like me. Because I tend to never be serious in pictures. 

Cam!! You have grown so much! You look like such a stud. And let me guess you ate the whole pan of Mac and Cheese without any help. Did you get Maddy to make it for you too?

Seth.... I cannot believe you have your own car. Don´t let it fool you! I am still the favorite child. Ask dad he will tell you!

Hannah and Emily I think you will both be having babys this week! Congrats and Emily it doesn´t matter if Ben doesn¨t like the name.... Remember how much you love me. 

Abby you are an incredible mother and I will have to see it to believe it that James gave a serious talk without a single joke. I guess the bishopric changes people. 

Aaron I have been thinking and top three child literature that I read....
3. The mixed up files of (I cant remember and cant spell the next part ask Hannah, I think she read it to me the first time)
2. Rangers Apprentice John Flanagan I believe
1. Where the Red Fern Grows - I am still waiting for my Dan and little Ann. But be careful after this book I am sure the wish of Jenny will be granted and you will end up with a Dog. 

Jeff and Jenny- I have been showing everyone the pictures of Jared and my favorite is when you caught the smile. Or when he was in the Easter basket. Or possibly the 5 boys without shirts! Your family is awesome! Will you send me a picture of the Tree house I helped build?

Sarah!! I need pictures of Booker, Nathan, and Eva! It is so exciting that Emily is living so close to the kids!

Happy Birthday to Ben, Jeff, and Hannah! 

Life is so great! Love you all!!
Remember who you are and what you stand for.
The Gospel is true and life is wonderful.

Love,

Your problem child

My Argentine flag that is crazy large!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment