Monday, January 20, 2014

Skills that Pay the Bills

Dear Family,

So being the start of 2014 I decided this morning to set some goals. Yes, I know I am about 20 days late but if my math is correct that is the equivalent of starting sacrament meeting 9.86 minutes late and for Argentina that is REALLY GOOD. Seeing as though our ward Christmas party started about 2.5 hours late this year. But regardless my goal I set  is to be a better daughter, sister, missionary, etc. (yes I know it is not a SMART goal dad but it is a start) I figure for a start instead of fleeing the country and avoiding all real contact with you guys, I will settle my difference and start making my way back home, but be patient it might take about 10 months or so. Also as a part of this plan is to actually show that I read the letters you send by responding to questions (thank your for reprimanding me today, Hannah) and showing that I actually read the letters you send.

So for starters. Mom! Congrats for getting a teaching position at BYU!! Perhaps I will take classes from you and Dad my first semester back! And Mom, your thoughts on Revelations 12 were really powerful and made me think of 1 Nephi 17 when Nephi reprimands his reprimands his brothers after their ¨We might have been happy´´ pity party. Testifying is one of the most powerful ways of overcoming temptations. 

Maddy take a look at the 2nd picture I attached! But don´t pass out, alright? Or if you do make sure you have your pillow case with you :)
Other questions I should answer, Dad I am not sure when I am coming home, I have an interview with President and will ask his opinión and get back to you. We eat with members everyday. In Argentina during the summer they don´t generally eat dinner until about midnight so we eat lunch with people at about 1 to 2 everyday and they feed us so much! Worst food I have eaten was cow intestine but that is nothing compared to Moms cooking so... JUST KIDDING!!! I actually miss your cooking so much. It is still hard for me to eat steaming hot food when it is the dead of summer. Speaking of summer, it has been in the 40´s all week which is pretty hot for San Rafael but nothing compared to Piurra. But nights it has been super hard to sleep this morning we gave up and decided just to start exercising super early. 

Other questions.... Hmmm... To answer your pre-mortal life/creation question, Mom. I would have to say I helped with where water meets land. Whether if is small rivers, the ocean, or waterfalls. And then of course the Stars. It has been weird so come accustomed to tons of new constellations. 
This week... Was awesome we found 10 solid investigators this week, but we had 8 lessons with members fall through, which was really sad. Not tons of people came to church this week. 
I had many super humbling experiences this week. I don´t have time to share them all but hopefully next week!

I love you all so much! Hopefully I am to a start of a successful year of becoming better. 
Love,

Su misionera serviedoles en San Rafael


No comments:

Post a Comment