Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Plan of Salvation (fun size)

Dearest Family,

This week has been crazy! Hermana Norr is amazing, we have been working crazy hard. Our first day she told me that she was hoping to get Hermana Sorensen as her comp and that I am the closest thing that she can get to Hermana Sorensen in the mission so she is happy, and so am I! But so happy! She is super patient, and goes along with my crazy ideas. 

There is a new missionary in our pension from Utah. She is great. She has fire. Not as much as me but she is just what I needed. I just love her so much and she likes to run stairs even at 630 in the morning. Got to love her!

Not tons of time, but I had this long thought process this week hopefully I can capture a little of it. So I came to the conclusion that the mission is just the plan of salvation at a smaller scale. Do you remember how excited I was to come on my mission? I am pretty sure it was a similar experience when we were waiting to come to earth. And now as I am coming to the end I feel like I would do just about anything for a couple extra days of life, similar to many who search for a way to prolong the inevitable. But even though days slip away I have found that instead of the slightly skewed thought process that if one doesnt work hard they will suffer the wrath of God. But the mission is similar to our life on earth and that every day is an opportunity, not a punishment. Let me explain. 

A greeny comes and regardless of what they do in their time on the mission if they finish they return an RM. I have yet to meet someone who has digressed on their mission but have seen incredible differences based upon the level of dedication, desire, faith, and diligence one places in the work and the person they are able to become. Similarly we two have our first estate. And regardless of what we do on earth will not take away the happiness we felt when we were in the presence of God. But truly God only wants us to be happy and has given us an incredible opportunity that requires dedication in order to fully capture and enjoy. 

I remember a couple weeks before the mission the whole family was dancing around the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon. Jordan was being Jordan and hence Mom was laughing so hard she was snorting (probably shouldnt say that out loud), I had Daniel in my arms and Hannah finaly agreed to dance with Josh. And as everyone else danced and laughed I remember recognizing how hard it would be to leave all of you whom I loved SO much! And though I never let you guys know it was a struggle to leave you all. So why did I leave? A little of a faith, I think, but know I cannot imagine my life without la familia Ibanez, without companions, with out the familia morel, flia Kim, flia marinero, and if I keep going I will never end. But I am ever grateful for all I have learned, the people I love, and who I am becoming. And now I realize that this life is a time to prepare to meet God and practice for the happiness we can have in Heaven. I realize now that I am obedient not because I fear Hell, but because I hope (the spiritual sense of the word) because I hope for Heaven. 

Love you all!

The gospel is true.
Life is wonderful!!


Hermana Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment