Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Que tal eh, pues mi hijito

Querida Family,

No tengo nada de tiempo. Transition to English, I don´t have anytime at all. We generally write first thing in the morning but today was a provincial holiday so we played a little basketball, volleyball, until blood was spilt and then cleaned the pension and made our way to lunch with a couple families in the ward. The Columbianos made Sancocho and we made dessert. Toddy empenadas (aka the best dessert known to man. I can´t take all the fame for the creation but I have adapted the recipe and may I say that it is genius!) Empanada tapa, chocolate chip cookie, dulce de leche, chocolate, one more cookie another tapa and then you fry the whole ordeal)


This week was amazing! Truly I am so incredibly blessed to be with the Hna. Norr. We wake up early to go running every day, (menos mal with the empanadas we are making) and she is so supportive. I have come to realize that unity within the companionship makes success a natural consequence instead of an active fight. And with Hna. Norr the success just flows. I also feel like God is blessing me for trying to do my best so far on my mission. Yesterday Hna. Norr said, ´´This has got to be the easiest area I have ever been. People let us in. The members are willing to help. We have awesome investigators. And people come to church.¨ Her comment made me laugh as I looked back to the last transfer where I felt the complete opposite. But we do have some solid investigators and we had 5 people come to church for the first time yesterday. Just no one is married. 

Elder Viñas of the 70 came to Mendoza and we traveled to hear him. It was so powerful. I actually got to see him speak twice and ran into lots of members from Godoy Cruz, my first area. I have always been nervous that no one would remember me, but I was so thrilled to see them and it was nice that they were thrilled to see me. (But I guess with the last name of ´gil´ (or stupid) I am hard to forget).

Life is great. Just so happy! Thank you for all of your support and prayers. I found this scripture in Juan 10:10 today that I love. It is true. Christ did not just come to give us life, but a more abundant life. I plead with all to use His sacrifice to more fully feel the happiness that is inevitable when filled with His love. 

The gospel is true and life is wonderful!

Hna. Hill 


No comments:

Post a Comment