Monday, August 11, 2014

Ser una luz, en vez de un juez

Dear Familia,

Can´t tell you enough how much I love you! I figure I should remind you all! Even though we are no longer going to Jerusalem together anymore and that some of you went backpacking in the Chalet without me....(but really... you couldn´t wait? Backpacking is my favorite!!) Just kidding! 

Dad you wanted to know a little more in depth on my investigators. We are teaching a young couple Gonzalo y Daniela who have a child but are not married. They have been to church 5 times now but need to get married. This week we had a go big or go home because they are not progressing towards baptism. They read, they go to church, they pray, but they don´t understand the importance. It takes about two months to do all the paperwork for marriage. But they understand the importance. And came to church early on Sunday. 

We are teaching another family, that was a reference from a an Abrir la Boca. Super Solid! Didn´t come to church this week though. We called them until they woke up but still didn´t come. It is just hard because it is more then normal to go to sleep at about 4 or 5 in the morning on Sunday and it is hard for people to wake up at 9ish to come to church. But we have been having people set alarms in their cellphones when they commit to coming to church which helps a little. 

This week I sent Hna. Lawrence home. It is wierd because 5 of the girls going home this transfer were with me in the MTC. But ya esta. I am so excited for this transfer. Hna. Norr is coming from San Juan. I did two exchanges with her when I was in San Juan and love her to death. It will be de 10! I am just so excited to work a full! I am sad because they took out both of the Salvadoreños. But last night I made Papusas for them completely by my self and they were stellar. But I will miss them a lot! On a positive note, Hna. Rodriguez is coming to kill my MTC companion and I am so grateful God answered my prayers to let me see her before I leave. I don´t think words can describe how much I have come to love some of the people I have met on my mission. 

This week we were presenting Zone conference and though it was powerful, a thought came to my mind while we were teaching. It was a thought that came from a letter you sent to me Mom. We were talking about the atonement the power we have from the atonement and the scripture Mom shared with me from Revelation 12:11 and how the blood of the Lamb and our testimony is all we need to overcome any and all opposition. Its true. In those moments of darkness, or confusion, or pain, stating out loud the simple truths that we know with all of our heart can cut through even the darkest opposition. This Saturday was really rough for me. My heart just hurt. But that evening we were eating with a less active family and as we listened to complaints that seemed to fill the atmosphere with doubt, fear, and anger it was amazing the stark difference pure truths cut through as we bore with the power that comes the power and authority of the calling which we hold.

The gospel is true.
Life is wonderful!

Love, Hermana Hill 


No comments:

Post a Comment