Monday, June 3, 2013

The Adventures of Seabiscuit and Small Mountain

Dear Family,
I have already been on the computer for 23 minutes and I still have no idea what to write. This would obviously make y'all assume that nothing exciting happened this week, but you would completely be wrong. 

Sister Seaborn is my companion and is from Canada. Last week she asked what I had written home about her and when I explained that I really hadn't said much she got mad at me. And I have a feeling Canada won't suffice. So.... Sister Seaborn..... (she is laughing pretty hard) She is super independent and played Rugby in high school. The End.  We get along really well except for the fact that I can barely keep my eyes open after planning, when she is SUPER awake, and she wants to punch me when I wake her up to go exercise. The family we are staying with is so AMAZING! I walked in the front door and there sat a Grand Piano, surrounded by every kind of instrument. When the family saw our reaction they told us to take some up to our room. So yes, we have 1 guitar and 2 ukuleles in our room. Maybe I can send some videos home of our awesome missionary songs.  That is if I can stay awake past 10. Satisfied  Sister Seaborn? She said I should also add in that she did kick boxing. But don't fear her kick boxing is no match for my Krav Maga. And don't worry family, she is teaching me how to be cool like a Canadian. I am teaching her how to love her mission. Both are coming along quite swimmingly.
This ward is amazing! First off. They love Sister Missionaries. Everyone wants us over for dinner. When I told you there was a Spanish group, I lied. There is enough Spanish to have one, but that it is a tender subject. There used to be an amazing branch here. But it was discontinued due to harsh feelings between members. The group was also discontinued fairly recently to continual disunity between different Hispanic members. It is really sad. But on the positive side, there will always be loads of work to do. I would say 40% if not more of the ward is inactive. 
The work is slowish but to that is to be expected in the first week of being swept in or so I have been assured by Sister Seaborn. I feel like there is so much to do and change, but apparently we are doing alright based on the reaction of ward leaders during PEC. 
I found the cutest, oldest, little lady from MENDOZA this week. We hit it off, obviously. And she basically has no choice about coming to church each week.  I love her!! 
Pictures-
1. The N. grandkids are staying a couple days and they must have heard us walking around super early this morning. So after we got back from running they came up and we made Micky Mouse Missionary pancakes. Yes, I know I have a talent.
2. I miss the temple so bad. I was spoiled rotten being able to go to the temple once a week while living in Utah. As I was going through pictures I found a picture I took of the Provo temple back when I was at the MTC. I am so excited to go to the temple at the end of this transfer. 
3. I love this sister so much. Her and her husband are incredible. I can't wait until they are able to go to the temple. 
Love you all, so very much!!

-Duh

No comments:

Post a Comment