Monday, April 7, 2014

Live, Laugh, Learn

Dear Family!
Dad!! Happy Birthday!! Que lo cumpla feliz!! I really thought of you yesterday during Elder Packers talk and was touched that of all the titles He could choose He chose the title of Father. I am so glad you too are my father and for all those long walks we went on and all the time I would come into your office and you would set aside your work and take the time to put me first. I love you lots! Happy Birthday!
This week was not an average week. I left Monday afternoon for Mendoza, stayed in Mendoza for tuesdays counsel meeting and instead of coming back we had a sisters conference. A year ago this mission had 16 sisters. This sisters conference we had just under 70 sisters. We all climbed Cerro de la Gloria and looked over all of Mendoza. We all had a dinner at Presidents home and the following day I was incharge of two hours of activities for all the sisters. Turned out being a teen counselor really has come into play. It was a blast. We also had a marriage and family therapist come and teach us how to deal with conflict (not nearly as good as you Mom) and now I am just waiting for to have an argument with my companion so I can practice everything I have learned (just kidding).

So I got back to my area thursday and had weekly planning and district meeting. Then we had conference Saturday and Sunday. We worked efficiently for the time we had. Yesterday I was extrememly touched as I watched the C.... Family as they watched conference (Hna. Reyes and I were sitting behind them) When Pres. Monson stood up, husband and wife straightened up and turned a new page of notes and their daughter pointed and said, ´Look, it is the prophet of God´´.
I loved conference! I have so many awesome plans for this next transfer!! I AM GOING TO RIVIDAVIA!! I am giong to la provincia de San Juan. Everyone tells me that I have one of the best wards in the mission! I am so excited! And I will be traveling a ton, me and Hna. Seagers are over the whole province. I love San Rafael so much. I have seen so many miracles and we have so many people progressing right now but I know I am leaving these precious souls in capable and dedicated hands.
Preach My Gospel from this week: Pg. 152 or 163 in spanish. (About having your line in the water all the time you are fishing) This week because we were out and about, or in meetings it was hard to do the typical missionary work. But I had a way cool experience with Hna. Ashby the new mission nurse. She asked me to take a picture of her as she bought food from a street vender for the first time. I translated for her and we talked to the vender for awhile it came up that his wife died 6 months ago and that he was raising a 9 year old daughter by himself. Testimony was shared and we got all of his information so the missionaries in Mendoza could teach him. I didn´t think anything of it, I mean that is what we do all the time. But Hna. Ashby was so excited. I was able to be part of her first Abrir la Boca. She showed everyone the address and phone number of José and had his baptism planned by the time we left San Martin Plaza. I realized then how easy it would have been to have only taken the picture and not have said anything. I realized that we are always represantives of Jesus Christ. We cannot allow these miracles to pass us by. We must be agents unto ourselves decide to share the peace that comes with the gospel of Jesus Christ. And that does not mean only finding, but stregthen where we are. I remember one siesta in Godoy Cruz there was NO ONE and I thought to myself ´´What the heck! I came her to testify, not to walk´´ In that moment the impression came ´´Well then testify, you are not alone.´´ That siesta me and Hna. Rodriguez had one of the most powerful conversations that determined the character of person I want to be when I return! That line in the water is a continous thing! It doesn´t start when you leave the apartment. You decide what type of missionary you are going to be at 6:30.
Preach My Gospel Study: Lesson 3 in chapter 3. Study along if you so desire!
Sabés? I feel kind of embarrassed for admitting this, because it meant I didn´t listen to all those Family History lessons we had during family reunions, but from Hill, Ray, Mulford, and Snell side how did we come to know the truthfulness of the gospel?
The gospel is true.
Life is wonderful!
Stay cool!
Hna. Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment